The successful candidate will be a 1099 contractor with Music Ministry International and be responsible for the following:
Provide a wide range of accompaniment to include traditional, contemporary and liturgical music of the Catholic Church.
- Have knowledge of the liturgical directives and practices of the Catholic Church.
- Tailor music to meet the worship needs of the service and the chaplain assigned to lead the worship service.
- Meet weekly with the senior faith group chaplain and/or Catholic Parish Coordinator to plan, order, and coordinate music for worship services.
- Provide music leadership for the service to include, but not limited to:
- Lead (or provide coverage) as cantor at all weekend Masses, Holy Days and special worship services
- Direct the choir(s)
- Develop, implement, coordinate and evaluate the music program for the service
- Provide and coordinate special music
- Arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the start of each service to oversee setup, and remain until all service clean-up has been accomplished.
- Perform weekly services, weekly service rehearsal and as needed for special services performance and special service rehearsal (See Period of Service/Number of Units):
- Performing shall include, but is not limited to: selecting and directing music for all weekend masses, Holy Days, and Special Worship Services as directed by the Ministry Plan, and under the direction of the Senior Faith Group Chaplain.
- Rehearsals shall be held at the RAF Lakenheath Chapel (Bldg. 990).
- The length of rehearsals shall be a minimum of one (1) hour and not to exceed three (3) hours. Length is determined by time needed to ensure choir/special music is prepared and professional for the following worship service. Not to exceed three hours to ensure contractor and volunteers are not over extended.
- All dates and times for rehearsals shall be coordinated with the senior faith group chaplain including special and holiday event services.
- Coordinate with the Senior Faith Group Chaplain for acquiring new music, folders and other supplies. Submit requests for music supplies (i.e. scores, song sheets, folders, etc.) in writing in accordance with 48 FW/HC policies for purchase requests.
Education and Experience Requirements: Demonstrate the following via a resume of education and/or experience:
- Associates Degree, Advance Subsidiary or Advance Level United Kingdom equivalent and/or National Vocational Qualification Level 3 (in any field).
- Experience as a music director; having a minimum of two (2) years of experience in directing adult choirs and/or youth choirs, vocals, instrumentalists, musicians and/or other music directors on a resume or CV.
- Three (3) professional letters of reference with contact details. Letters of reference shall include, but are not limited to:
- At a minimum one letter of reference of good standing with the Church, chapel, religious or community organization where offeror has worshiped, directed or played religious music; and
- Three recommendations from former employer(s), associates or leaders of churches or organizations in which work has been performed.
Interested Candidates are requested to forward their resume together with three references from individuals who can attest to the candidate’s good work and steadiness. Candidates who do not possess the specific attributes/qualifications in "Education and Experience Requirements" above need not apply. This is a part-time position with compensation based on budget and the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Apply directly at: https://music-ministry.jobsoid.com (scroll down to “RAF Lakenheath”) in order to expedite your application. Your application requires providing reference information for (3) individuals including one priest or pastor who can attest to your abilities as they relate to this job posting. References must include: name, title, organization, relationship to you, email address (necessary field) and phone number. Depending on security software, candidates are requested to monitor spam folders for further application communications from MMI.