The successful candidate for this position will be a 1099 contractor with Music Ministry International and be responsible for the following:
CONTEMPORARY AND GOSPEL STYLE WORSHIP LEADER SERVICES
The USAG Wiesbaden Religious Support Office (RSO) requires musician and worship leader services to lead contemporary and gospel style music during worship services. It is anticipated these services will be required at USAG Wiesbaden beginning 1 September 2021. The purpose of this Request for Information (RFI) is to identify potential vendors who are available and qualified to provide these types of services.
The RSO requires weekly musician and worship leading services, at ninety (90) minutes per week) on Sundays (1045 until 1215), sixty (60) minutes per week mid-week for rehearsal, and approximately five (5) additional hours per year for other services and ceremonies for holidays or special events.
- Play piano, sing, and simultaneously lead congregational worship in contemporary and gospel style song.
- Minimum experience of one (1) year as paid musician.
- Ability to perform all activities in English.
SUMMARY OF ANTICIPATED TASKS:
- Lead congregational worship in contemporary and gospel style singing.
- Play piano and sing simultaneously.
- Coordinate and utilize volunteer musicians and singers to enhance worship experience.
- Select songs in conjunction with themes from chaplains.
- Lead weekly rehearsal.
- To accomplish the goal of providing quality worship, the Contractor must communicate with the chaplain team and volunteers participating in the service to ensure a service of worship that is centered on a theme determined by the chaplains.
All services shall be coordinated with the sponsoring chaplain or authorized representative.
Place of Performance will be the USAG Wiesbaden, Germany. Access to military installations requires background checks and valid identification. Piano, keyboard, or electric piano, and supporting equipment are provided by the RSO.
It is anticipated the Period of Performance will be for an initial 12-month period and, at the option of the Government, may be renewed annually for a total period not to exceed five (5) years.
Interested Candidates are requested to forward their resume together with three references from individuals who can attest to the candidate’s good work and steadiness. Candidates who do not possess the specific attributes/qualifications in "QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS" above need not apply. This is a part-time position with compensation based on budget and the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications..
Apply directly at: https://music-ministry.jobsoid.com (scroll down to “USAG Wiesbaden”). Your application must include three (3) references including one priest or pastor who can attest to your abilities as they relate to this job posting. References must include: name, title, organization, relationship to you, email address (necessary field) and phone number. Depending on security software, candidates are requested to monitor spam folders for further application communications from MMI.