- The successful candidate for this position will be a 1099 contractor with Music Ministry International and be responsible for the following:
- 1.0BACKGROUND: Musician services in support of the Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek Fort Story (JEBLCFS) Religious Program are required for special events, ceremonies, worship, and choir rehearsals under OPNAVINST 1730.1E (Religious Ministry within the Department of the Navy).
- 2.0SPECIFICATIONS: The period of this contract is from 1 October 2019 to 30 September 2020, with 3 option periods, ultimately ending 30 September 2023. Immediate government point of contact for this contract will be the Command Chaplain, Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story. For the purpose of this contract, a unit will equal one hour and a half. The services shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- 3.0DELIVERABLES: Perform up to 129 units of services for active duty personnel and all other authorized personnel.
- Under direction from the officiating chaplain or contract clergy, lead and rehearse all volunteer musicians, including adult and children’s choirs.
- Recommend relevant musical selections to the officiating chaplain or contract clergy. Lead the congregation in traditional hymns, lead the congregation in Contemporary Worship with or without the support of a choir and/or a praise team. Must have the ability to train choir and praise team members in the same abilities.
- Advise the Command Chaplain on all requirements for maintenance and security of musical instruments belonging to the Chapel. The musical instruments consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Two (2) pianos
- One (1) organ
- One (1) set of hand bells
- One (1) electronic keyboard
- Submit problems regarding the Chapel music program to the primary point of contact listed in paragraph 6.0.
- The musician shall consult with the officiating chaplain prior to planning and providing music for all services, i.e. (worship services, funerals, memorials, and special events). The final determination of musical selections shall be made by the officiating chaplain or contract clergy.
- The musician shall arrive for all services no later than 30 minutes before the service begins and consult with the officiating chaplain no less than 15 minutes before the service begins.
- Provide and compensate a pre-approved substitute when unable to perform services required in this Performance Statement of Work. Command Chaplain must be notified of planned substitutions two weeks in advance.
- Provide a list of possible substitutes in advance of requirements for pre-approval and processing of base access.
- Submit an annual budget to the Command Chaplain reflecting the anticipated cost of providing music ministry for Catholic music ministry. Submit requests for supplies and literature to the Command Chaplain, or the designated Chapel staff. All supplies and literature shall remain the property of the Chapel.
- Attend the weekly Chapel musician meeting.
4.0 PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE:
BASE PERIOD: 01 OCTOBER 2019 – 30 SEPTEMBER 2020
0001 Saturday Eve /Sunday Mass: 104 units
0002 Choir rehearsal: 20 units
0003 Special events/ceremonies/memorials/funerals (as required): 5 units
Total Units: 129
5.0 Three additional option years will be included in this requirement at the discretion of the government.
- PERSONNEL QUALIFICATIONS: Personnel proposed for these services shall have the prerequisite skills and experience consistent with Roman Catholic musician musician(s) requirements listed below. Documentation of these skills and experience shall be submitted to the Contracting Officer and be reviewed by the Command Chaplain acting as the technical evaluator.
- Roman Catholic musician skills and experience:
- Must have a clear understanding of Navy organization and the pluralistic ministry requirements that affect the use of chapel facilities and staff.
- At least 2 (two) years of experience in performing and directing sacred music, preferably within the context of Catholic ministries.
- Must possess instrumental and vocal music skills in both direction and performance that is comparable to a similar position in secondary education settings.
- Interested Candidates are requested to forward their resume together with three references from individuals who can attest to the candidate’s good work and steadiness. Candidates who do not possess the specific attributes/qualifications in "PERSONNEL QUALIFICATIONS:" above need not apply. This is a part-time position with compensation based on budget and the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications..
Apply online at this job board or you may apply directly at: https://music-ministry.jobsoid.com (scroll down to “JEBLCFS”). Your application must include three (3) references including one priest or pastor who can attest to your abilities as they relate to this job posting. References must include: name, title, organization, relationship to you, email address (necessary field) and phone number.