The successful candidate for this position will be a 1099 contractor with Music Ministry International and be responsible for the following:
Crossroads Chapel Contemporary Service Music Director
The successful candidate will be a musician with Music Ministry International and be responsible for the following:
- Directing the congregation music team according to the direction of Crossroad Chapel Senior Pastor Chaplain.
- Leading the music team according to traditions (contemporary service) of Crossroad Chapel, as directed by the schedule of services. This may include selecting worship songs for congregational singing, offertories, contemporary style religious music and special selections.
- Performing at praise team rehearsals as directed by the schedule of services.
Rehearsal Tuesday 6:00-8:00 PM, Worship Service Sunday 11:00-12;30 The stability and continuity of the musician in this position is essential, and all work will be performed at the Crossroad Chapel Protestant Service, 1 AD Chapel, Fort Bliss, Texas
- Weekday: Provide services as the vocalist, pianist, and worship director for Chapel Community. Provide music during the worship services and special services including accompany singing of Christian worship music, hymns, choruses, and spiritual songs.
- Conduct rehearsals in preparation for worship services and special services. Rehearsals will be done by the winning musician at designated place and time deemed by the Director of Religious Education at Ft. Bliss.
- Holidays: As needed
- Weekend: Provide services as the vocalist, pianist and worship director for the specific Chapel. Direct and provide music during the worship services and special services including accompany singing of Christian worship music, hymns, choruses, and spiritual songs during the Sunday Services.
- The Musician shall demonstrate a basic knowledge of the Christian Faith and a commitment to the Christian Faith; familiar with the traditions/customs of the Christian Church and have experience working under these traditions/customs.
- The Musician shall have a least one (1) year experience with the Army Christian service(s); working with an Army Chaplain and Director of Religious Education; communicating with the Chaplains, experience with Army Chapel worship programs (including playing the piano, directing special music, offertories and congregational singing) song/worship leader, and other musicians in conducting the service to ensure a coordinated service of worship for the congregation within the Fort Bliss community.
- Musician must be able to perform an audition based on the type of music required at the location the service. The Installation Chaplain’s Office will provide date, place and specific musical score. The audition will be one of the evaluation factors for this contract, so the Chaplain and DRE will determine which of the candidates will be the best qualified for this contract based on the audition. Failure to audition will eliminate the musician from further consideration for award of this contract.
- The Musician shall receive a “favorable” background check consistent with 14 FTW/HC policies and procedures per DODI 1402.5, Criminal History Background Checks on Individuals in Child Care Services.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their resume of qualifications and three references from individuals who can attest to the candidate’s good work and steadiness. Candidates who do not have or cannot achieve the requirements given in “Special Qualifications above need not apply. This post will be a fixed price contract with compensations to be determined based on the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.