The successful candidate for this position will be a 1099 contractor with Music Ministry International and be responsible for the following:
l. Contract Position Title. Protestant Youth Leader
- Scope of Responsibilities: Serves as administrator, advisor and coordinator of the Protestant Youth Program for the Kirtland Air Force Base Chapel. The Protestant Youth Coordinator provides and coordinates Kirtland AFB Protestant youth programming and activities as requested by the Senior Protestant Chaplain and/or the Wing Chaplain. The Protestant youth program is designed to provide Christian nurture consistent with the Protestant faith tradition and in support of chapel ministry requirements.
- Education and Experience requirement. The Protestant Youth Leader must:
- Must understand and be able to articulate the tenets of the Protestant faith community and support the members in their faith.
- Possess High-School education or the equivalent. Have at least two years-experience working with youth as a leader or teacher.
- Have knowledge and experience in organizational and administrative skills.
- Be able to create flyers, advertisements, posters, newsletters, etc., utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Participate in a qualifying interview and be able to fulfill job requirements as listed in sections 4 and 5 of this SOW. Provide a resume including references prior to the interview.
- Have effective oral and written English communication skills, which are required to conduct administrative duties with clarity. Be capable of maintaining a professional working relationship with chapel staff, congregation, and other personnel to achieve duties as necessary.
- General Responsibilities. The Protestant Youth Leader will:
- Maintain a neat, clean, well-groomed, modest, professional appearance and conduct self in business-like manner. Be able to work within a community of diverse faith expressions, supporting a religiously pluralistic environment.
- Provide services at chapel facility located at 1950 Second Street SE, Kirtland AFB, or at an agreed upon location for a special service with the Deputy Wing Chaplain.
- Support and be present to serve during the Sunday morning Protestant worship service and Wednesday evening Religious Education program. Teach Bible Study on Wednesday nights. Lead lunch devotion & youth activity/games on Sunday afternoons.
- Recruit and train youth volunteers as needed. Ensure all volunteers working with youth below 18 years of age receive a background check as described in DoDI l 402.5).
- Comply with all Federal, State, and Local Laws and requirements and Air Force Instructions that apply to this position.
- If awarded the contract, the youth leader must submit an application for a background check to the Chapel Background Check Monitor and pass, as directed by Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 1402.5, Criminal History Background Checks on Individuals in Child Care Services.
- Specific Responsibilities. The Protestant Youth Leader will:
- Be responsible for the security and cleanliness of all facilities utilized in conjunction with his/her programs. Coordinate logistics. Set up and tear down all equipment before and after each service and activities. Provide safe transportation to and from youth events. Lead youth in cleaning up the Youth Room after use.
- Supply the following youth group activities for both Junior Youth group (5th & 6th grade) and Senior Group (8th-12th grade)
- Perform work hours in accordance with the needs of the Protestant youth community. Generally the hours will be Wednesdays from 1700 to 1900 for Religious Education (year round or as advertised); Sundays 1000- 1330; a weekly Protestant staff meeting with the Senior Protestant Chaplain (currently 1300-1400 on Tuesdays); Maintain set hours and advertise the activities and times for events, Christian studies, and outings.
- Any general work hours performed outside the scope of 5.3. must be approved by the Senior Protestant Chaplain. Both parties agree to provide at least two week's-notice before any change to the general work hours to be performed as established in 5.3.
- Coordinate every youth activity with the Senior Protestant Chaplain. Ensure parents are properly informed of all events. Ensure signed permission slips are utilized for every youth activity occurring outside of the Chapel facilities. Additionally, coordinate all support requirements with the CTOF Contract Officer or a designated representative. Summer Mission trip/Camp Christmas Break Weekend Retreat Community service project every other month Youth event (concert, lock-in, bowling etc.) every other month Other activities or community service projects as needed
- The youth leader is accountable for the security and cleanliness of all facilities utilized in conjunction with their programs.
- As appropriate, in consultation with the CTOF (Chapel Tithes and Offering Fund) Contract Officer or designated representative, develop an annual calendar of events, CTOF budget, and core religious education curriculum. This information is submitted as required by local Chaplain Corps operating procedures.
- Present an annual proposed ministry plan and budget to the Senior Protestant Chaplain by I June for the next fiscal year. Must coordinate with the Senior Protestant Chaplain no later than the 15th of each month to forecast the activities and events for the chapel calendar and advertising for the next month.
- Complete CTOF fund requests as trained by the CTOF Account Manager for supplies and services as needed. Submit request to sponsoring chaplain and account manager. The request must be submitted at least 7 duty days in advance of the date the supplies or services are needed.
- The youth leader will personally perform the services described above or coordinate performance by a substitute of equal or higher proficiency who has been approved in advance by the Senior Protestant Chaplain. Submit the names and qualifications of proposed sub-youth leaders to the CTOF Contract Officer for approval at least 14 days prior to the proposed absence. Sub-youth leaders must meet the requirements for the position as outlined in this Statement of Work (SOW). Youth leader is responsible for payment of substitute. Youth leader will provide a two-week written notice of any extended period of absence.
Interested Candidates are requested to forward their resume together with three references from individuals who can attest to the candidate’s good work and steadiness. Candidates who do not possess the qualifications in "Education and Experience" above need not apply. This is a part-time position with compensation based on budget and the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.