The successful candidate for this position will be a 1099 contractor with Music Ministry International and be responsible for the following:
The Gospel Musician for the Fort Knox Chapel Gospel Service overseas the music program for the Gospel Community.
- Bachelor’s degree in music or a minimum of four years’ experience leading Gospel choirs or directing Gospel worship music.
- Be an accomplished pianist in the following genres of music: Gospel, and hymnody.
- Have a working knowledge of worship music used in Gospel worship settings and other religious services. Must also have the ability to learn teach and direct new songs.
- Effectively read, play and perform music or accompaniment on piano, guitar or keyboard.
- Applicants will provide an audition/demo prior to being awarded the position.
- Applicants will provide a resume documenting these required qualifications prior to being requested to audition.
- Participate in all music activities and music personnel in coordination with the Gospel Chaplain.
- Direct weekly rehearsals Mass in coordination with the Chaplain.
- Rehearse and provide music for special services and rehearsals (up to 4/year) when needed.
- Oversee special music during the service when needed.
- Serve as the lead musician for the Gospel Service
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to the mass for set-up and warm-up sessions.
- Ensure instruments, music stands, microphone stands and microphone cords are set up before and put away after services and rehearsals as well as proper care of equipment.
- Maintain a neat, clean, well-groomed professional appearance and business-like conduct.
This position is subject to a background check and compliance with Air Force standards and regulations.
Interested Candidates are requested to forward their resume together with three references from individuals who can attest to the candidate’s good work and steadiness. Candidates who do not possess at least four years of performing steadily as a Gospel Musician Pianist Guitarist or Keyboardist in a church or chapel need not apply. This is a part-time position with compensation based on budget and the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.